A veteran investigator, Gene R. Thornton has conducted numerous investigations of various types regarding issues in the workplace, including employment and sexual harassment matters
TYPES OF WORKPLACE INVESTIGATIONS CONDUCTED:
- Sexual Harassment/Hostile Environment/Assault
- Family and Medical Leave Rights
- Marital Status
- Military Service
- Retaliation for Participating in a Workplace Investigation
- Sexual Orientation
- Theft of Company Property
- Embezzlement of Company Funds
- Substance Abuse
- Misappropriation of Trade Secrets
- Violation of Non-Compete/Duty of Loyalty
- Independent Contractor Classification Audit
- Securities Fraud
- Workplace Injury
Need to hire an investigator? We follow these 10 Keys to ensure a successful investigation
- Experience in conducting investigations.
- Develop and follow an investigation plan.
- Most investigations should be completed within three to 10 days of the complaint being filed.
- The investigation must be impartial, unbiased, and afford the parties due process.
- Investigation information should be shared on a strict need-to-know basis.
- Credibility of the complainant, the accused, and witnesses should be assessed.
- Document the investigation process and findings for decision-making and litigation purposes.
- Litigation hold. All pertinent documents should be preserved pending the investigation, and for an appropriate time thereafter.
- Knowledge of substantive employment laws.